10.24.2006

Name Game

Google the name "sulu" and you'll probably find tidbits on a Star Trek character, Hikaru Sulu, who is played by George Takei, an actor who was in the news a lot last year when he went public with his homosexuality. Or, you might find some information on the province of the Philippines after which the Star Trek character was named. Either way, unless you enter"sulu-design" in your search, you won't find me. I do get excited, though, when I come across random sightings of the word, so I was thrilled the other day when one of my students showed me this:



Sulu is the name of a bionic hamster in Dav Pilkey's book, Captain Underpants and the Big, Bad Battle of the Bionic Booger Boy Part 1: The Night of the Nasty Nostril Nuggets. I love the Captain Underpants series, so you can imagine how excited I was to see that this furry little character and I share the same name. What was even cooler is that my students know nothing about my whole sulu-design persona - the kid who showed it to me was just so psyched about the character that he had to share it with someone. What I like best about this Sulu is:

his awesome appetite!
(We have more in common than just our names.)

4 comments:

LALA dex press said...

Before the blog + Etsy store if you Googled LALA dex press it would say, "do you mean salad express?" So 'round here we jokingly call my card biz Salad Express.
Love the little book +hope you have recovered.

Anonymous said...

My goodness...quite a match made in heaven don't you think?

erin said...

Isn't it great when you happen upon something like that? I love the coincidences!

cynic the lamb said...

That is too funny! How cool!