9.19.2006

You Get What You Pay For (Or, You Get That For Which You Pay - I hate ending on a preposition!)

Back when I was in college, David Spade, the comedian, did a stand-up act in my university's gymnasium. There was no charge for the performance, so the gym was packed. David was having a really rough time - his jokes were bombing and the crowd was merciless. Finally, near the end of his set, he yelled into the microphone, "What, do you all want your FREE back?" It was the funniest thing he said all night.
Tonight, I want my free back from Blogger. For the past several days, I've encountered serious problems with my blog, the biggest pain being that I am often unable to upload photos. It took me over an hour the other night to post pictures from my perfect Sunday. And I've been trying for several hours now, on and off, to post a few pictures of the gnocchi project, but Blogger isn't responding. Ugh!
Hopefully everything will be back in working order tomorrow, and I can tell you all about my lovely neighbor, Ines, who taught me to make the pasta in question. Until then...

6 comments:

Knit Freak said...

set up a flickr account it is much easier to post photos with

bonnie said...

Suzy--Blogger is really erratic about photos. A *lot* of users have this problem. Flickr, Photobucket, smugmug--there are a bunch of good photo hosting sites out there. Some more $$ than others. Some of the other blogging platforms are better about this too--typepad and wordpress for instance.

Also (shameless plug) we (Microsoft) make a product called Windows Live Writer (http://windowslivewriter.spaces.live.com) that makes posting to blogs easier (and it is free!)...however it won't upload photos to blogger, only to an FTP site. It will upload photos to typepad and other blogs that support the correct APIs. Not sure if you are Mac or Windows, this is Windows only for now. If you use it, let me know, would love to get your feedback.

Sorry to fill your comments!

FYI--this is your cousin. In case you know lots of Bonnies :)

Mary Contrary said...

Aw...sorry you are having troubles!! Can't wait to see all your new pics! Thanks for the heads up on the Funky Finds post!! I was so excited!!

LALA dex press said...

I am noticing the time that you posted this + I find that later in the evening, I guess when people want to reflect on their day, this is when I often have the hardest time with photos. Thinking about options, like flicker, but I also want to keep it simple, one service + not have more passwords in my life. mmmm Gnocchi + pesto!

erin said...

Aaah! Computer problems are the most frustrating of all! I am thinking about trying flickr myself although I don't have many problems with typepad. Might be an idea for you too...not free, though.

cynic the lamb said...

I feel your pain (with Blogger). Same thing happens to me countless times. I just walk away from it or work on other things on my computer while it is acting up. I give it a couple of hours or so and try again. It does suck though when your time on the computer is limited. Try posting through Flickr.
Also, I have to say, I loved your David Spade story. I have noticed that life can be a game of "Six Degrees of David Spade" much like the movie game "Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon" - I keep hearing all these silly David Spade stories from people who knew him or had encounters like yours with him.