9.25.2006

Sunday was...

brunch at Cup Diner in Astoria
(where the cups of coffee are big enough to swim in)

thinking of Maritza and wondering how her hexagon quilt is coming along



making the most random series of earrings ever
(what was I thinking?)

finally putting together a necklace out of long-neglected pieces


and wondering if my sister might like this one

Not to mention seeing Little Miss Sunshine. And having a drop-dead amazing meal at Casa Mono and equally fabulous dessert at Bar Jamon with our visiting friends, Heather and Mark. Glorious! So glorious, in fact, that I'm already gearing up for next weekend. Have a wonderful week, all!

8 comments:

Chickenbells said...

I love the fish! Perfect for the fall don't you think? And Little Miss Sunshine made me laugh out loud all the way through (no one up her in N. AZ shows any emotions at movies...seriously, for that kind of $$ I'm laughing outloud!)

erin said...

The fish rock! They really are great. The tile floor looks familiar - we just put an all white one in our bathroom - love the vintage appeal. Wish I had the patience to make a quilt, though. Maybe some day....
Little Miss Sunshine had me smiling all night!

erin said...

The fish rock! They really are great. The tile floor looks familiar - we just put an all white one in our bathroom - love the vintage appeal. Wish I had the patience to make a quilt, though. Maybe some day....
Little Miss Sunshine had me smiling all night!

erin said...

ok - sorry about the double comment - some kind of computer issue

Maryanne said...

Your sister loves it, she really loves it! Also think I need to see Little Miss Sunshine.

Mary Contrary said...

Aw I wanna see little miss sunshine!! You have been busy! I love all your new work!

cynic the lamb said...

Awwwwwwwww, cool floor! The hexagon quilt has not been worked on in a while, but I have been missingit immensely, so I am picking it up again soon.
I ADORE the fish earrings. Very cool! I love the translucent quality they have.

Melissa said...

mmmm. Casa Mono is one of my favorite restaurants in the city. I also love Batali's other place, Otto. Have you been there? The cheese plate comes with THREE amazing dipping sauces. Yes, dipping sauces for cheese. Who knew?