9.15.2006

Mary Quite Contrary

Last week, I came across a blog of a jewelry designer who recently relocated to Brooklyn from Richmond, Virginia (where, all of you loyal blog readers know, my in-laws live and my husband was raised). Loving little coincidences as much I do, I was thrilled. I've since been keeping up with Mary's blog, How Does Your Garden Grow. Earlier this week, she posted such a fun offer - the first reader to comment on one of her posts would be the lucky recipient of a cute little clutch that she had just sewn up. And guess who commented on that post first?


Here it is. So cute. And such a nice little bit of brightness on an otherwise dreary day. Thanks so much, Mary. I can't forget to mention - I loved her packaging, too. Mary used a take-out menu from a Richmond restaurant (one at which I've eaten) and sewed up the sides to make a mailing pouch (that I just couldn't photograph well enough to post). I just love the blogosphere!

5 comments:

connie said...

whoa! what fun! thank you for sharing this blog... I love it! But what is that thing next to the clutch? is that a hunk of drift wood? cause at first it looked like a chicken carcass... :/

Mary Contrary said...

Awwww....so glad you liked it!!! Well...this just makes me feel like randomly posting more things to give away!! I have a huge smile now!~

erin said...

ooooh - that is so pretty! lucky you!

sulu-design said...

I wondered if I should explain what the clutch was leaning against in the photo... I love the chicken carcass comment! It's actually this very heavy old doorstop(?) depicting a baby from the Victorian era(?) - or so said the lady at the flea market from whom we bought it.

Mary Contrary said...

Oh I almost forgot to say...you have been to Can Can? You may have met me as I used to work there and have a healthy supply of old menus!! yes, it's truly a goldmine!!!