9.20.2006

Cinnabar, Thanks to Ivona

I ran into Ivona, the super down-to-earth owner of Loveday 31 (the hippest vintage clothing store located right here in Astoria), the other day, and we made plans for me to stop by her shop tomorrow to update her stock of sulu-design earrings. Months ago, Ivona asked me to make some earrings with cinnabar, the red stone seen here.

Earrings made with the stone were such a hit not only at Loveday 31 but at all of the shops that carry sulu-designs that I've since made several trips back to my bead supplier for more. While I have several pairs of earrings made with carved cinnabar on hand, I thought that I'd make a few extra pairs for Ivona to choose from tomorrow, since she was the inspiration for their purchase in the first place.

7 comments:

Mary Contrary said...

Beautiful. Such attention to detail and amazing photos. I wish I was as good with my camera as you are. These are my favorites of yours that I've seen thus far.

erin said...

these are fab, Susan! i love the aqua with the cinnabar...such a nice contrast and a good pop of color. well done!

Mom said...

The cinnabar earrings are gorgeous. I love that color (and used to wear Cinnabar perfume) just the name itself conjures about something exotic!

When you open your shop you could also have a refrigerated, freezer section with su-lu gnocchi - that looked amazing!

Melissa said...

maybe i'll have to stop by loveday and check them out!

Colette said...

Those are so pretty, I am going to have to hit loveday soon - I love cinnabar and I need (really) more earrings.

cynic the lamb said...

Those are gorgeous! I so love your jewelry, and it takes a lot for me to like a piece of jewelry - I am rarely moved to wear any. I think I need some cinnabar.

kstyle said...

Gorgeous. Hey check out my blog today. Need your design opinion on my decor 8 contest entry. thanks,k