8.09.2006

Who knew Wednesdays could be so fun?

I got an e-mail last week from Roberto Chamorro, a Brooklyn-based photographer, who had seen an ad for our car (which we're still trying to sell) on the internet. Sadly, he didn't want to buy it, but he did want to use it in a photo shoot outside his studio in Williamsburg. So this morning, I drove down there and watched while a star of the movie Maria Full of Grace was photographed:



Since I was in the neighborhood, I swung by Beacon's Closet, my favorite spot to recycle used clothing, where I sold a couple of things. The few bucks that I earned at Beacon's Closet were quickly spent at the nearby Salvation Army on Bedford Avenue, where I picked up:


a teeny glass pitcher and

a teak tray-
I'm a sucker for trays and all things teak
(the carafe above was one of yesterday's purchases
from the Astoria Salvation Army)

After scoring at the thrift store, I dropped by a new boutique in Astoria, Mimi's Closet, located at 21-10 31st Street, just north of Ditmars Boulevard.


I'd heard some great things about the owner and the clothing she carries (she designs and makes a lot of it herself), and I was hoping to show her some of my sulu-design earrings. Mimi is adorable, extremely friendly, and very talented. She makes gorgeous clothes. I especially love her flirty dresses.


She stocks a great selection of clothing, handbags, shoes, and jewelry by local designers...



and now she carries sulu-design, too! Thanks, Mimi.
Enjoy the rest of your Wednesday, all!

No comments: